Science at Campialba
Advanced chemistry #1
Want to take the worry out of teaching real scientific knowledge and skills?
Looking for some advanced, high school level chemistry to engage your active teenage learner?
We have so much to offer regarding chemistry for the audience ready for advanced chemistry! We aim to cover:
· Learn about the history of atomic theory and the shape of the atom!
· Discover and explore atoms with some Simple Spectrometry!
· Develop the scientific skills of basic titration with Acids, bases, and Phenolphthalein!
· Explore solutes, solvents and solutions with Sneaky, Sneaky Iodine!
· Only $92 for the full day (Family discounts available at 5% cumulative for each student, given as cash refund on the day)
· The 19th of February, 2021. 9:30am till 2pm. Please arrive up to ½ an hour early to ensure seating and cover all paperwork requirements. Please make sure your students are picked up by 2:15pm.
· Perfect for the young to middle high school student who needs a challenge! Class size capped at 12.
· Kindly hosted by the wonderful folks at Campialba Christian Youth Camp.
Your price includes;
· 4 full hours of science, it’s time to go DEEP!
· Be taught by an expert level science instructor with over 18 years’ experience in home-school, kindy, primary school, high school and tertiary settings, and an actual doctorate in the philosophy of science education.
· Over a dozen pages of teacher/parent notes FREE online for you to help extend the learning for your insatiably curious learners.
· Access to expensive and powerful specialist science equipment that cannot be easily obtained by most families. Students will be given some equipment and chemicals so they can further their research and exploration at home.
· This is a full day, dropoff your students event. Let us take care of the science for you!
· Students will enjoy a yummy basic lunch from 12:30 till 1pm. If your child has any special dietary requirements, please bring food from home. If they wish to snack throughout the day, we suggest bringing a favourite snacks from home. There is a microwave, fridge and fresh water in the dining room.
· For families who do not live in Hervey Bay, Campialba is close to shops, beach and Wetside Water Park, so there is plenty of the beautiful Hervey Bay to enjoy while your children experience science!