Science at Campialba
2021 Term 2 course 1 – Motion Madness
Teens and Tweens at Hervey Bay – Rejoice! The Science is here!
Engage in the high school basics of motion with the specially designed course for the young high school crew. We’ll experience, and understand, Galilean relativity and Newton’s profound laws of motion and gravity, gaining an appreciation for the cultural and historical changes in ways of knowing. We’ll engage in the centuries old quest to measure time using pendulums. And we’ll end the day with all the fun of bottle rockets and the science of collisions!
We have so much to offer regarding physics for the audience ready for high school concepts regarding motion! We aim to cover:
- Explore Galileo and Newton's laws of motion – from the simple to the profound.
- Engage in a scientific exploration of Galileo’s favourite timekeeper – Pendulums
- Experience the mess, and fun, of the science of collisions!
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL! - https://www.creatingscience.org/store/p20/Science_at_Campialba.html
· Only $99 for the full day (Family discounts available at $5 for two students, $15 for three, $$30 for four, etc, given as cash on the day).
· The 7th of May, 2021. 9:30am till 2pm. Please arrive up to ½ an hour early to ensure seating and cover all paperwork requirements. Please make sure your students are picked up by 2pm.
· Perfect for the young to middle high school student who needs a challenge! Class size capped at 12. If numbers are exceeded we will look at opening up a second day.
· Kindly hosted by the wonderful folks at Campialba Christian Youth Camp.
Your price includes;
· 4 full hours of science, it’s time to go DEEP!
· Be taught by an expert level science instructor with over 20 years’ experience in home-school, kindy, primary school, high school and tertiary settings, and an actual doctorate in the philosophy of science education.
· Over a dozen pages of teacher/parent notes FREE online for you to help extend the learning for your insatiably curious learners.
· Access to expensive and powerful specialist science equipment that cannot be easily obtained by most families. Students will be given some equipment and chemicals so they can further their research and exploration at home.
· This is a full day, drop-off your students event. Let us take care of the science for you!
· Students will enjoy a yummy basic lunch from 12:30 till 1pm. If your child has any special dietary requirements, please bring food from home. If they wish to snack throughout the day, we suggest bringing a favourite snack from home. There is a microwave, fridge and fresh water in the dining room.
· For families who do not live in Hervey Bay, Campialba is close to shops, beach and Wetside Water Park, so there is plenty of the beautiful Hervey Bay to enjoy while your children experience science!
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have,
Dr Joseph Ireland “Dr Joe”
PhD, MEd, BSc (Psych), GrDipEd (Sec)
For Creating Science
Australia’s premier science education specialists
Tel: 3480 5047 Mob: 041 77955 09
www.CreatingScience.Org Australia’s premier science education specialists