Science club in Maryborough is ON!
Thank you to all the hard work of the Maryborough-ians, and the kindness of the folks at Homewares from everywhere!
- Want some time to relax while your students are engaged with safe, fun, hands on SCIENCE!
- Need science taught by a p-12 science educational professional with doctoral level qualifications in making science interesting, meaningful, and fun?
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL!
- Dates: Tuesdays: January 19th, February 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 2021
- Costs: Standard five week course costs $99 a child. (5% cumulative family discount, paid in cash on day 1. All payments cannot be refunded for any reason, sorry!) Please remember to ‘tip’ the venue by spending at least $10 a family each visit in their wonderful coffee shop and homewares store!
- Venue: Homewares From Everywhere store (45 Gayndah Rd Maryborough West QLD 4650)
- Times: 9:30am and 10:30am. Which class is right for you? Come with friends!!
- Content: National Australian Curriculum, approximate grades P to 8.
- Note: Minimum 6 children required, class sizes do not go over 12,
Let us begin where science begins, in using our SENSES to help us UNDERSTAND the world! Try out the reversible ears, torment your tastebuds with sensational sherbet, take home a hole in your hand, make your own mind maze, and build your own balancing bird to help you explore that often ignored human sense: balance! We’re exploring the beauty of biology with Senses Science, so come and join in with the totally fun, totally science, totally ready for you!
· An hour of hands on, minds on fun that kids will love and remember!
· Be taught by an expert level science instructor with over 18 years’ experience in home-school, kindy, primary school, high school and tertiary settings, and an actual doctorate in the philosophy of science education!
· Over a dozen pages of teacher/parent notes FREE online for you to help extend the learning for your insatiably curious learners.
· Access to expensive and powerful specialist science equipment that cannot be easily obtained by most families.
· Often children will make a simple yet engaging science toy to take home and keep. We strive to use repurposed and recycled materials to show kids how much fun can be found in simple, everyday materials. Some materials can be brought by the families from home.
We focus on an inquiry based, constructivist rich pedagogy that draws out the student learning rather than simply conveying science concepts in an interesting manner (i.e., we're more than just 'performers'.) This is so much more effective at engaging students and future scientists than just blowing things up (though we do love to blow things up!) Besides, what can be better than learning about school science from an actual scientist!
We not only make science fun, we make scientists.
Or for more details contact
Science education specialist Joseph Ireland
PhD (Ed), MEd, B(Sc) Psych, GrDipEd (Sec)
Blue card. C.dec. Registered teacher.
Education Queensland performer #229
Mob: 041 77955 09